Barefoot Networks Launches “Deep Insight”, Enabling Network Owners to See What Every Packet Is Doing. To the Nanosecond.
Deep Insight monitors every packet, at line-rate, without generating extra network traffic. Uses big data analytics to detect failures in real-time.
Barefoot Deep Insight will help organizations answer the following questions
- How did it get here? The sequence of devices the packet visited along its path.
- Why is it here? The set of rules it matched upon at every device along the way.
- How long was it delayed? The time it spent buffered in every switch, to the nanosecond.
- Why was it delayed? The packets, flows and applications that the packet shared each queue with.
Main Feature Set
- Analyzes every packet from every switch and router in the network, in-band at line-rate.
- Running on commodity servers, interprets, analyzes and pinpoints the myriad of conditions that impede packet flow, in real time.
- Baselines and tracks Path and Latency for every packet in your Network.
- Enables an intelligent and flexible triggering mechanism to detect and report events in real time, with nanosecond accuracy.
- Tracks and monitors every packet drop, providing answers to when, why, where and to whom it happened
- Employs machine learning to automatically baseline the network performance and detect anomalies.