GROUNDWORK OPEN SOURCE RELEASES MAJOR UPDATE TO ON-PREMISE MONITORING PLATFORM FOR COMPLETE VISIBILITY INTO THE ENTIRE IT ENVIRONMENT
Includes robust open source visualization and analysis tools for monitoring the latest technologies
Information technology (IT) administrators overwhelmed with the variety of available tools to monitor the performance of the physical, virtual and cloud-based systems comprising their network can now have an enhanced unified view of their infrastructure with GroundWork Monitor, a comprehensive monitoring platform by GroundWork Open Source, Inc. The release of GroundWork Monitor 7.2 offers organizations new dynamic visualization and analysis tools with integrations of InfluxDB and Grafana that enable better data access and understanding of variations in systems performance.
“The monitoring industry has become extremely cloudy as organizations incorporate larger data sets from the growing monitoring toolset,” commented Thomas Stocking, director of Systems Engineering at GroundWork Open Source, Inc. “GroundWork Monitor 7.2 addresses the increasingly complex need for monitoring computing systems, applications, networks and storage system performance. Whether using modern open source or customized solutions, GroundWork unifies performance tools so IT can quickly identify and correct service interruptions, lags or losses.”
According to Global Industry Analysts, Inc., the application performance management software market is projected to reach $5 billion by 2020.
Key Enhancements to Groundwork Monitor 7.2
- InfluxDB to handle larger data sets and leverage time series data to identify performance trends.
- Grafana to quickly create dashboards and graphically display metrics, show data points from multiple sources on a single graph, and compare metrics from different time periods.
- Cloudera Connector for GroundWork Cloud Hub, enabling organizations to easily access the metrics published by Cloudera, a platform for big data analysis.
- Integration with more open source agents.
- User-configurable alerts and thresholds.
- Enhanced connectors to monitoring VMware and AWS.
GroundWork 7.2 is a standalone, on premise software package that is installed on organizations’ infrastructure to monitor everything connected to the IT environment whether it’s physical, virtual, cloud or hybrid infrastructures. IT administrators can start with monitoring a specific application and expand across systems, and have the confidence that GroundWork’s APIs will support the open source tools within the IT environment. GroundWork Monitor’s pricing is predictable, in that fees are based on the number of devices monitored.
- More technical details are available within the GroundWork Monitor 7.2 datasheet.
- A demonstration of key features is available in the Introduction to GroundWork Monitor 7.2 video with Thomas Stocking.
- Request a trial of GroundWork Monitor for your organization by completing a form or calling +1-866-899-4342.
- High resolution screenshots of GroundWork Monitor 7.2 dashboards is available upon request.