We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer for our Singapore location to manage and support our monitoring tools infrastructure
The Autodesk Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) department is looking for a new team member to join the Monitoring Operations Team as a DevOps Engineer. This is a perfect opportunity for a professional with 5-8 years’ experience who wants to gain hands-on experience in various monitoring platforms and work with experienced architects. The candidate will be working closely with Application and Infrastructure operations team across the globe to provide monitoring platform support on monitoring metrics, events and alerting, reporting and dashboard.
Monitoring Tools Engineer is a key member of Monitoring Ops team that manage the Application, Event Aggregation / Correlation and Logging monitoring platforms which focus on monitoring application availability and capacity.
They will be working with Monitoring tools like Catchpoint, Dynatrace, New Relic, SiteScope, SCOM, SIEM Fortinet (AccelOps), Logic Monitor, and event aggregation tools like BigPanda, MoogSoft and BSM, as well as logging tools like Splunk and Elastic.
The Monitoring Ops team supports the below environments.
- ~ 5,000+ Nodes of Unix, Windows and Solaris.
- ~ 50,000 + Services across 5 data centers and 6+ regions.
- ~ 2,500 + (and growing) AWS Cloud resource monitoring.
- Manage, assess, plan, and support Core monitoring platform services.
- Support and manage monitoring tools like Catchpoint, Dynatrace, SiteScope and aggregation tools like BigPanda.
- Support and manage the introduction of new monitoring tools and orchestrate the migration to new tools as aging software is retired.
- Responsible for any changes in process (or) implementations related to Monitoring Tools Platform.
- Provide escalation support for monitoring configuration and platform issues.
- Work with Monitoring tool vendors to fix any platform related enhancements to address business needs.
- Support implementation of automated event collation /correlation layer in monitoring.
- Support implementation of automated monitoring suppression during maintenance
- Develop automation for the support of monitoring tools and enable customer self-service through APIs and other integrations.
- Present reports on monitoring event metrics, correlation metrics to the Enterprise operations team on a periodical basis.
- Implement HA infrastructure for all application monitoring tools.
- Implement Self-healing scripts for monitoring multiple monitoring tools and recover them.
- Develop monitoring plugins, scripts for automation and custom dashboards for Operations and Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) teams.
- Adapt existing tools to support the transition of applications to Public or Private Cloud environments.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 5-8 years’ overall experience in Information Technology (IT)
- 5 years’ experience in a Monitoring Technology related role
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Driven to automate environments and provide the best possible customer service
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-directed and motivated
- Willing to flex your behavioral style to meet the needs of the team or work at hand
- Confident of your skills, abilities and willing to share what you know, while learning from others
- Consider the “how” as important as the “what” when achieving goals
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple project deadlines and milestones
- Experience with version control systems, like Git
- Hands-on experience with Dynatrace and Catchpoint
- Hands-on experience with Splunk and the Elastic Stack
- Understanding of ITIL framework and methodologies
- Linux and windows administration experience.
- Automation using Puppet or Chef would be a plus.
- Experience with config management systems.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse set of clients in an international organization
Life at Autodesk
Innovative. Rewarding. Respectful. These are words we hear every day from employees about life at Autodesk. We empower our customer with technology that impacts the world though better design and we start by empowering our employees to do their best work at home or in the office. We encourage employees to demonstrate their expertise, communicate honestly, and be a bit of a genius. Autodesk employees are free to share opinions and know that they will be respectfully listened to.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://autodesk.taleo.net/careersection/adsk_gen/jobdetail.ftl?job=17WD22626& →