Website OnX Enterprise Solutions
OnX Managed Services is a North American provider of cloud and managed services with data centers located in the United States and Canada. Our solutions are designed to enable our clients a higher level of performance, compliance and resiliency through the integration of our people, processes, and technology. We are committed to delivering industry’s leading managed services for companies that are looking to focus key staff on strategic initiatives and leave the day-to-day operations to a trusted partner.
The Engineer Platform provides strong technical, analytical and communications skills for the management and administration of Dedicated and Hosted environments. Responsibilities include day-to-day system administration including the monitoring of systems, security, performance, and back-up/restore and configuration changes.
Other duties include implementing new products or services, perform preventative maintenance, resolving operational problems to Windows, Linux and VMware. Providing tier 3 technical support to enterprise customers.
The Engineer, Platform will be responsible to follow proper ITIL processes ensuring all tasks performed are ticketed and documented. The Platform Engineer must understand the commitments involved to each Customer through their respective run books.
PLATFORM AND VMWARE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for installing, administering and optimizing dedicated VMware infrastructure components and related technologies.
• Interface with the Storage team to provision new storage
• Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining the Hosted VMware infrastructure including performance tuning and reporting.
• Responsible for installing, administering and optimizing Windows and Linux servers and related technologies.
• Plan and implement server installations, upgrades, routine maintenance and vendor-supplied patches in accordance with established Information Technology (IT) policies and procedures.
• Managing the day to day administration, support, maintenance and monitoring of Virtualization infrastructure
• Work with the Network team to design and implement required connectivity between the VMware infrastructure and the customer environments
• Responsible for administering and maintaining virtualization layer replication technologies including SRM, Zerto and Veeam.
• Monitor, take ownership, and complete tasks and projects assigned via ticketing/ITSM management
• Review alarms escalated by the NOC
• Administration and pro-active management of a 24 x 7 production environment
• Prioritize and respond to Service Desk tickets as appropriate; provide timely response to escalations in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs)
• Design, deploy, manage & troubleshoot common TCP/IP applications (including SMTP, DNS, HTTP, etc.) as well as strong working knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocol;
• Works with other staff in functional or cross-functional teams to meet goals, objectives, and responsibilities
• Maintains a professional demeanor in conducting job duties and accepts accountability for their performance.
• Fosters a team atmosphere within the OnX Managed Services delivery team by interacting with others in an honest and straightforward manner, listening to and valuing the opinions and ideas of others, sharing knowledge, and helping others to accomplish goals
• Develops and maintains technical and professional skill levels including technical certifications and ongoing skills training.
• Provide training to other staff members in areas of specialty.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in systems engineering, software engineering, or operating systems support.
• Related experience required, to include the ability to integrate complex H/W and S/W systems
• Experience with VMware Architecture and Administration, Server Virtualization and clustering
• Understanding of the following server technologies: Active Directory, SMTP, TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS, Group Policies
• Experience with Windows and Linux Server systems, vendor supported versions
• Excellent English communication skills – both written and spoken are essential
• Detailed oriented and able to work in a team environment and independently
• ITIL Certified would be an asset
• Candidate must be flexible regarding working hours as this position requires extra hours during the week/weekend/holidays
• This role will require being part of an on-call rotation schedule
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in a relevant IT program.
• MCSE or Linux Administrator certification or equivalent
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://us851.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/onx/Posting/View/373 →