Website Phase One Consulting
If you share our passion for all things technology and desire to deliver customer success on a daily basis, come join our team of highly skilled and entrepreneurial professionals! Developing cutting-edge Cloud solutions takes the collaboration of bright, innovative, and talented people, along with forward-thinking leadership. At Phase One we nurture an environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds come together to learn and drive change into the missions of the Federal Government.
Phase One is seeking an Enterprise Monitoring Engineer to design, implement, and manage an enterprise Azure cloud infrastructure monitoring solution within a federal agency.
About the Role
- Lead the design and implementation of a monitoring solution for an Azure cloud infrastructure environment.
- Architect a world class monitoring environment using one or more of the following technologies: Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS), Senior Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Azure monitoring products, and other open source monitoring solutions.
- Perform administrative tasks from the monitoring console.
- Provide application support for the SCOM and OMS platform and create and maintain monitoring and notification rules.
- Review and update OMS and SCOM console security, apply patches, create console roles and reviews, and create and install custommanagement packs as needed.
- Work with the Operations team lead to head-off or remediate issues.
- Utilize verbal and written communication skills to maintain accurate system documentation and provide training as required
- Manage customer satisfaction through effectively communicating and managing customer expectations
- Ability to communicate how to leverage technology to create business value and become more effective and efficient
- Work with project managers and peers to understand and solve challenging technical problems, produce effort estimates, and improve system functionality, reliability and reduce costs.
- Work closely with a Business Technology peers and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of organizational stake holders, business partners, external customers, and third party organizations are met and/or exceeded.
- Transfer knowledge via documentation and training to Business Technology resources
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or IS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of broad IT experience. Experience architecting and deploying enterprise scale monitoring solutions
- Experience using SCOM and OMS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and client focus a must
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure environments, Microsoft Azure preferred
- Technical knowledge of network, environmental, hardware, storage, operating systems, and applications.
- Ability to demonstrate a passion and proficiency for advanced System Management skills to impact systems architectures, investigate system-wide technical problems, and develop new features.
- Strong working knowledge of networking technologies (including TCP/IP and DNS), SCOM underpinning technologies (including IIS and SQL Server), Scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell).
- Experience working with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment technologies, including JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Chef, Confluence, Nexus, Sonar Cube, and Junit
- ITIL Foundations Certification
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/phaseone/job/otFe5fwb? →