About the company:
ForgeRock® isn’t your typical high tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do start up values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at www.forgerock.com/about-us
As a member of the performance engineering team you will perform in an horizontal role working on the ForgeRock Identity and Web Access Management platform. Working closely with the engineering and customer facing teams, your ability to understand, troubleshoot and profile complex deployments in customer like environments will be critical to our success in driving the performance and scale of this integrated software stack. ForgeRock platform satisfies the most rigorous performance requirements across many industries, ranging from modern telecom’s and financial services to large-scale consumer-facing applications, Cloud and IoT.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creating and executing software performance testing strategies for Identity Management products
- Perform performance profiling and optimization
- Conduct performance tests, analysis and present test results and metrics
- Plan approach for both baseline performance and large scale benchmark testing
- Actively evaluate tools, framework and technologies geared towards performance engineering
- Lead the change to support continuous integration with automation solutions for performance
- Analyze performance results to identify bottlenecks and optimizations
- Help determine hardware/software configurations for optimal performance
- Identify type of performance tests needed based on business and technical requirements
- Direct interaction with ForgeRock open source user and developer communities
If your can cover off most of the below we’d love to hear from you!
- Working knowledge of HTTP load generation /measurement software
- Experience in performance testing of Java and J2EE applications
- Experience troubleshooting end to end environment and configuration issues
- Experience with Java stack tuning and debugging
- Ability to drill down into profiling and monitoring tools and point out performance bottlenecks and issues
- Proficiency with JVM internals as they relate to performance tuning and memory management
- Solid grounding in modern software engineering practices and design patterns
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Possess the desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working within distributed global teams
If we’re being picky the ideal candidate would have:
- 8+ years experience in Java performance profiling and optimization
- 5+ years software development experience with Java
- 5+ years experience in Performance Engineering
- Expertise with identity management
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do start up values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Here are just a few of the great things ForgeRock’s got going:
- Company-wide winter & spring social activities
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group skiing and biking
- In house beer brewing, Hack days, Ping Pong, gaming and much more
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Flexible work environment (work from anywhere, anytime*)
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly
- Company-wide Minecraft server
- Each office has a personality distinctively its own – from beer brewing to snow-shoeing to ping pong to playlists
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
Whats the interview process like?
We like to move fast when we find good talent. You can expect our Talent Team and managers to free up their time to fit around you. Typically we like to have our Talent guys and girls speak with you first, then if successful you’ll have a telephone interview with the hiring manager before moving to a technical exercise and onsite interview. We expect this to take no longer than 3 weeks but can be progressed quicker if required.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/forgerock/job/oYzd5fwz →