Website New Relic
At New Relic, we provide our customers with instant and deep insight into their application’s behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM) solution, we have our customer’s backs by transparently instrumenting their application and reporting issues, often before the customer knows that there is a problem. We give our customers as much information as possible to help them tune their site’s reliability and performance.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our growing team in charge of the Integrations feature, which is offered as part of our brand new New Relic Infrastructure product.
You will build a new collection of connectors to major cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google Cloud Platform to enable industry leading monitoring of services and applications deployed in the cloud. Large scale, high availability and the evolution of a complex data fetching architecture will be key aspects of your daily job.
At New Relic, you will work with some of the best engineers and tackle some of the most complex problems in the industry. As a member of the Barcelona team you will help shape and grow our European development center. We’re a fast growing software company that cares about our culture. We value work/life balance, personal respect, code ownership by engineers, and experimentation. If all this sounds like your dream job, read on.
You’re likely the right candidate if:
- You’re passionate about the whole stack a complex modern application requires.
- You have experience in developing, shipping and maintaining high throughput services.
- You’ve worked with REST APIs (understanding of HTTP, pagination, request retrial).
- You’re familiar with common distributed systems patterns like backpressure, circuit breaks or bulkheads.
You’re very interested in learning new languages, platforms, and ideas.
- You understand the value that build and test automation brings to a development team’s efficiency and reliability and are passionate about applying these techniques to your projects.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies.
You have a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership.
- You have great team player skills.
- You communicate easily in English.
- You have the right to work in Spain (EEA, http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/).
- Any experience with asynchronous programming techniques (streams, event-based flows, task queues, message queues) will be a great plus for this role, although not mandatory.
- Bonus points for being an Open Source contributor and/or speaking Spanish.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance review twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks…) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
All the while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
To apply, please provide a cover letter telling us who you are and why this job is right for you, along with a resume that includes links to things you’re proud to have built!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/newrelic/job/osQB5fwI? →